This is Dairy Free (DF) recipe. Here is the original recipe link but I altered the recipe.
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated using 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Zoi Plain yogurt)
- ½ white sugar
- 6 tbsp lemon juice (I used some from a bottle in the fridge but you can use it from lemons)
- ¾ cup Almond Milk
Yields: 12 BIG muffins!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Place 12 cupcake/muffin liners in the muffin tray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Mix in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the flour mixture and almond milk to bowl full of butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until it looks blended.
- Pour batter in the beautiful colorful muffin liners.
- Bake at 425°F for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, please set a timer, lower the oven temperature to 350°F, and continue baking for an additional 13 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
Serve with butter or jam, tastes amazing either way 🙂
Here are a couple of silly looking muffins that I made, thought I would add the bloopers!