- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup – 1 cup hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbs almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Making the vanilla frosting
- Mix together almond milk, vanilla, powdered sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
Making the dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl, this includes white flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together butter, eggs, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla in mixer.
- Gradually add the mixed dry ingredient to the mixer until all of it is blended in the bowl.
- Roll out the cookie dough on a floured surface.
- Using your cookie cutters, go ahead and cut out into desired shapes.
- If you plan to use this recipe to make oreos rather than just cut out cookies, make sure you are making doubles for each shape so you can press them together with the frosting once they are cooked.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Now you are ready to add the frosting and press the cookies together to make OREOS!
- Enjoy! It will make enough to feed all the people in your house. Trust me.
This recipe originally came from the famous wonderful Smitten Kitchen ! Thank you again for your baking inspirations.