I drove down to Eugene this morning to visit with my mom and to spend time with my nephew Andrew. We decided it would be a great idea to use some of the molasses stored in my parents house. I discovered you can add as much molasses as you want and it will make the cookies even chewier and better tasting! Andrew did a great job helping me put all the dough on the baking sheet. He is quite the cook!
- 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses (can add up to 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger root powder
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, sugars, and eggs until fluffy and smooth looking.
- Pour in molasses until it is completely mixed in.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until the dough looks creamy and light brown colored.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet, make sure there is a couple inches in between each cookie. WARNING!!! They will definitely grow twice the size when baking in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Eat as much as you can and make sure to add powdered sugar to the cookies!!