This was my FIRST time every making soup. What inspired me to do this was all the excess cabbage and carrots in my community garden and its been freezing all week- which means it is time for me to learn how to make soup!!!
Yields: 8 servings.
- 1 lbs of yellow potatoes
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 1 can of white beans
- 1 medium sized cabbage
- 8 cups of vegetable stock
Making the soup:
- Place pot that you are going to cook with on medium heat and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Stir up potatoes and salt. Cover and cook until they start to brown a little bit and are tender. Make you sure uncover the pot and stir so they won’t stick to the bottom. Drizzle more olive oil as needed.
- Stir in the garlic and onion, cover and let it cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, garbanzo beans, white beans, carrots. Now bring the pot to a simmer.
- Stir in the cabbage and let it cook for a few minutes until the cabbage softens.
- Lastly, add which ever seasoning you have that you feel would add some good flavor to the soup. I added a little bit more salt and pepper.